Undergraduate Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Online Learning)
Mechanical engineering is the field of engineering that applies physics and the material sciences to develop machinery. Mechanical engineers use the principles of force, energy, and motion to improve the safety, efficiency, and technological advancement of the world around us.
Upon completion of this undergraduate certificate, you will acquire fundamental knowledge, skills, and understanding of the key core units of the mechanical engineering discipline. You will also demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors, and design practice knowledge that has been contextualized to engineering applications.
Learners are able to:
• Acquire fundamental knowledge, skills, and understanding of the key core units of the mechanical engineering discipline.
• Demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors, and design practice knowledge that has been contextualized to engineering applications.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Engineering Mathematics 1
• Engineering Dynamics and Mechanics
• Engineering Design and Drawing
• Physics and Chemistry for Engineers
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification