Undergraduate Certificate in Civil Engineering (Blended Learning)
Civil and structural engineering is one of the oldest forms of engineering and involves the design, construction, and maintenance of the built environment. Engineers in this field are responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure around us gets developed, is safe, meets our needs, and improves our quality of life.
Upon completion of this undergraduate certificate, you will acquire fundamental knowledge, skills, and understanding of the key core units of the civil engineering discipline. You will also demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors, and design practice knowledge that has been contextualized to engineering applications such as ‘surveying.’
Learners are able to:
• Acquire fundamental knowledge, skills, and understanding of the key core units of the civil engineering discipline.
• Demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors, and design practice knowledge that has been contextualized to engineering applications such as ‘surveying.’
• Involved in sustainable urban development, environmental protection, conservation of energy and water resources, or even geotechnical, hydraulic, or transport engineering.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Engineering Mathematics 1
• Engineering Design and Drawing
• Construction Engineering
• Engineering Surveying
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic PhD programme or a level 8 professional qualification