Professional Certificate of Competency in the Fundamentals of Process Plant Layout & Piping Design (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need practical skills and knowledge in process plant engineering and piping design.
Process plants, such as refineries and petrochemical plants, are complex facilities consisting of equipment, piping systems, instruments, electrical systems, electronics, computers, and control systems. The design, engineering, and construction of process plants involve a multidisciplinary team effort.
Learners are able to:
• Cover the fundamental principles and concepts used in process plant layout and piping design.
• Design safe and dependable processing facilities cost-effectively.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Process Plant Layout and Piping Design
• Introduction to Chemical Processing Methods
• Equipment Used in Process Plants – I
• Plant Layout and Plot Plans
• Piping Materials and Material Specifications
• Fundamentals of Pipe and Pipe Fittings
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification