Professional Certificate of Competency in Substation Design (Control, Protection & Facility Planning) (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to gain practical skills and knowledge in the control, protection, and facility planning systems within substation design.
Substations are critical assets in any power system and serve as important nodes in a transmission and distribution network. Substations, therefore, handle multiple voltages in a given location and link two or more systems of different voltages.
Learners are able to:
• Cover selecting and applying appropriate power system protection to protect equipment and personnel from abnormal system conditions, including short circuits and earth faults.
• Focus on subsystems that perform essential functions in substations.
• Handle multiple voltages in a given location and link two or more systems of different voltages.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Earthing System of Switchyards
• Example of Switchyard Earthing System Design
• Lightning Protection of Switchyards
• Example of Switchyard Lightning and Surge Protection Design
• Protection Design for Substation-1
• Examples/Case Studies of Hv Substation Protection
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification