Professional Certificate of Competency in Specification and Technical Writing (Blended Learning)
Researching and preparing technical documents, especially those including technical specifications, calls for much effort and time. This course is designed to give you step by step guidance to writing these documents in a professional manner, for your target audience, and in a clear way. You will learn to write clear and concise formal reports, equipment manuals, and other technical documentation.
The course will demonstrate techniques to establishing more effective communication between technical and non-technical staff and foster skills relating to problem identification and solutions, plus enhancing skills in information seeking, research and organizing collected data in a non conflicting, unambiguous manner.
Learners are able to:
• Give learner step by step guidance to writing these documents in a professional manner, for target audience, and in a clear way.
• Learn to write clear and concise formal reports, equipment manuals, and other technical documentation.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Technical Writing
• The Development Process
• Use of Language And Words
• The Elements of Technical Writing
• Writing of Different Types Of Technical Reports
• Writing of Other Technical Documents
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification