Professional Certificate of Competency in Sewage & Effluent Treatment Technologies (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need practical skills and knowledge in maintaining and troubleshooting wastewater systems.
This course will cover wastewater fundamentals and treatment technologies used to maintain the quality of groundwater. You will learn to manage and troubleshoot wastewater treatment systems and understand the different systems available.
Learners are able to:
• Provide learners with practical skills and knowledge in maintaining and troubleshooting wastewater systems.
• Learn to manage and troubleshoot wastewater treatment systems and understand the different systems available.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Planning Considerations – Provincial and National Government
• Waste Water Fundamentals
• Design Considerations
• Treatment Technologies
• Treatment Systems
• Recirculating Sand Filters Year Round Treatment
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic PhD programme or a level 8 professional qualification