Professional Certificate of Competency in Project Management for Engineers & Technicians (Online Learning)
More and more engineering and technical professionals are making career transitions from product design into project management. This, however, requires formal training and a willingness to learn new skills. All the technical knowledge in the world will not deliver a project successfully, with the necessary level of quality, within cost constraints and on time, without proper project management skills.
Unfortunately, very few engineering professionals have any degree of formal project management training, which results in a great deal of personal stress as well as cost blowouts and other woes.
Learners are able to:
• Focus on the critical project-related activities such as work breakdown, scheduling, cost control, and risk management, and show how these can be performed with software to lighten the project manager’s workload.
• Learn how to introduce appropriate quality management procedures, keep your projects on track using the ‘Earned Value Analysis’ method, exercise an appropriate leadership style and keep team members creative and motivated, and avoid the pitfalls caused by a lack of understanding of the legal issues pertaining to projects.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Time Management
• Cost Management
• Earned Value Analysis and Management
• Quality Management
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification