Professional Certificate of Competency in Practical Mechanical Sealing (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to understand the theoretical and practical aspects of mechanical sealing.
This comprehensive and interactive course will teach you the fundamentals and principles of mechanical seals, followed by the classification, construction, and design of the mechanical seals. You will learn how to select seals for a variety of specific and special industrial applications for a variety of equipment and materials based on various standards. You will also learn about environmental considerations as per the API standards.
Learners are able to:
• Learn how to select seals for a variety of specific and special industrial applications for a variety of equipment and materials based on various standards.
• Learn about environmental considerations as per the API standards.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Fundamentals and Principles
• General, Special Seal Types and Materials of Seal Construction
• Seals for Specific/Special Applications
• Seal Selection, Application and Standards
• Mechanical Seal Fundamentals, Seal Design and Classification
• Auxiliary Equipment
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification