Professional Certificate of Competency in Power Distribution (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to gain a practical understanding of power distribution, switchgear, power cables, transformers, power factor correction, earthing, lightning protection, and network studies.
This is a practical course in power distribution, focusing on medium voltage (1kV- 36kV) power considerations, switchgear, power cables, transformers, power factor correction, earthing, lightning protection, and network studies.
Learners are able to:
• Understand practical power distribution fundamentals, determine short circuit ratings quickly and effectively, and assess the influence of fault levers on switchgear ratings.
• Learn how to identify the different applications for various cable insulation types and how to specify correct power cable installation methods.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Distribution System Planning
• In-plant Generation and its Integration with Plant Power Systems
• Circuit breakers
• Low voltage distribution
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification