Professional Certificate of Competency in Onshore & Offshore Pipeline Systems (Online Learning)
There are millions of kilometers of onshore and offshore pipelines spread across the world. However, many personnel involved in pipeline operations do not receive even basic pipeline engineering training, while some are exposed only to specialized areas.
This course will equip you with the core skills in pipeline engineering that will help enhance your career and benefit your organization. We will examine pipeline design, construction, and routing through to pipeline economics and advanced practices in asset management. It doesn’t matter if you are a new mechanical or pipeline technician, technologist or engineer, or if you are a practicing operations and facilities engineer, you will find this course extremely beneficial.
Learners are able to:
• Gain an understanding of pipeline design, construction, installation, operation, and maintenance.
• Equip learners with the core skills in pipeline engineering that will help enhance your career and benefit your organization.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction and Overview
• Pipeline Design, Operation and Maintenance Standards
• Pipeline Routing
• Liquid and Gas Flow
• General Pipeline Design Considerations
• Pipeline Materials
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification