Professional Certificate of Competency in Mechanical Engineering (Online Learning)
Mechanical engineering, in simple terms, deals with any equipment that moves; this is what makes it perhaps the broadest and most diverse engineering discipline. The mechanical discipline primarily derives its breadth from the need to design and manufacture everything from small (even nano) individual devices, such as measuring instruments, to large systems such as machine tools and power plants.
Easy installation and serviceability are critical to the success of a mechanical system, as is operational and design flexibility. Understanding parameters governing the selection and design of mechanical systems is essential for identifying suitable systems for a particular application.
Learners are able to:
• Place all these issues in context, a good working knowledge of mechanical principles combined with a solid understanding of critical concepts such as force, energy, and heat is essential.
• Help learner in monitoring, controlling, and analysing vibrations and in conducting fault diagnoses in mechanical systems.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Mechanical Engineering Basics
• Engineering Materials
• Mechanical Design
• Gears and Bearings
• Gears and Bearings
• Prime Movers
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification