Professional Certificate of Competency in Instrumentation, Automation & Process Control (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to gain practical knowledge of selection, installation, and commissioning of industrial instrumentation and control valves.
This course is for individuals primarily involved in the design, specification, and implementation of control and measurement equipment. It will help you achieve effective results for industrial processes, by going over new technologies such as smart instrumentation and Fieldbus.
Learners are able to:
• Help learner achieve effective results for industrial processes, by going over new technologies such as smart instrumentation and Fieldbus.
• Help learner understand how to implement an instrument and wiring number system, and how to integrate a complete system (considering instrumentation and total errors) as well as selection criteria, commissioning and testing.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction, Basic Terms and Definitions
• Diagrams and Numbering
• Pressure Measurement
• Level Measurement
• Temperature Measurement
• Flow and Mass Measurement
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification