Professional Certificate of Competency in Industrial Data Communications (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to understand how to identify, prevent, and troubleshoot industrial communications problems.Modern industrial control and information systems employ a proliferation of technologies, including various hardware standards and protocols. For many of the personnel working with these systems, the technologies are ‘plug and play’ and are just there to be used.
The problems arise when decisions have to be made regarding the most suitable technologies for a given application, or when things go wrong, and troubleshooting has to be performed. Without a thorough grasp of the working of the technologies involved, and without the availability of (and the ability to use) suitable diagnostic tools, this becomes a formidable challenge.
Learners are able to:
• Explains how these technologies operate and equip participants with the tools and skills to do basic hardware and protocol-related troubleshooting on both serial (RS-485) and Ethernet-type networks.
• Understand how to identify, prevent, and troubleshoot industrial communications problems.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Data Communications Basics
• Serial Communications
• Introduction to Protocols
• Networking Basics and System Components
• Industrial Ethernet
• TCP/IP Internet Layer Protocols
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification