Professional Certificate of Competency in Heating, Ventilation & Air-Conditioning (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to understand how to maintain and troubleshoot HVAC systems.
This course is designed for engineers and technicians from a wide range of abilities and backgrounds. It will provide an excellent introduction to the fundamentals of heating, ventilation, and airconditioning. It begins with a review of psychrometric charts and then examines the factors that influence design choices, indoor air quality, load calculations, and heating, ventilation and airconditioning systems.
Learners are able to:
• Provide an excellent introduction to the fundamentals of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. It begins with a review of psychrometric charts and then examines the factors that influence design choices, indoor air quality, load calculations, and heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems.
• Understand how to maintain and troubleshoot HVAC systems.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to HVAC
• Requirements of Comfort Air Conditioning
• Heating and Cooling Load Calculation Procedure
• HVAC Systems
• Variable Air Volume (Vav) Systems
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification