Professional Certificate of Competency in Hazardous Areas & Intrinsic Safety For Engineers & Technicians (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to understand the different types of protection, maintenance of safety equipment, and requirements for working with hazardous areas.
This course provides a comprehensive technical approach to hazardous areas. It offers detailed explanations of the principles involved, the techniques used, the management structures, and the requirements to comply with the harmonized international standards that are now in place. It also explains the subject of explosion protection applied to electrical equipment in such areas.
Learners are able to:
• Understand the different types of protection, maintenance of safety equipment, and requirements for working with hazardous areas.
• Offers detailed explanations of the principles involved, the techniques used, the management structures, and the requirements to comply with the harmonized international standards that are now in place.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Background and History
• Ignition Characteristics
• Area Classification Theory
• Area Classification Practice
• EX D
• EX types: P, O, Q, M and S
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification