Professional Certificate of Competency in Gas Turbine Engineering (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need practical skills in the latest practices and technologies in gas turbine engineering.
The gas turbine engineering function in any organization encompasses many disciplines, including the different aspects of gas turbine plant operation and facility management.
Learners are able to:
• Give learner a comprehensive overview of gas turbine engineering, along with numerous practical application tips and shortcuts to engineering problem-solving.
• Learn how to understand selection and design-related parameters so that you can identify and select a suitable system for a particular application.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• General Overview of Gas Turbines
• Fundamental Gas Turbine Cycle Thermodynamics
• Gas Turbine Components
• Materials of Construction
• Bearings and Seals
• Lubrication System in Gas Turbines
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification