Professional Certificate of Competency in Fundamental E&I Engineering for Oil & Gas Facilities (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to update their skills and knowledge in the latest electrical and instrumentation technologies, as applied to the oil and gas industry. This course will focus on delivering the practical knowledge required for electrical and instrumentation (E&I) technicians, technologists, and engineers in the oil and gas industry.
Learners are able to:
• Focus on delivering the practical knowledge required for electrical and instrumentation (E&I) technicians, technologists, and engineers in the oil and gas industry.
• Cover a whole spectrum of activities ranging from basic electrical and instrumentation engineering, through to advanced practice in hazardous areas and data communications.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
• Fundamentals of Process Control Engineering
• General Instrumentation Standards in Oil and Gas
• Process Instrumentation
• Process Control Basics
• Automated Control
• Remote Control
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification