Professional Certificate of Competency in Electrical Power System Fundamentals for Non- Electrical Engineers (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to understand the basics of electrical engineering, the fundamentals of electrical design, and how to integrate electrical engineering knowledge into the other disciplines within a corporation. This course will begin with a review of basic electrical circuits and electrical laws.
You will learn about the fundamental principles of electrical generation, transmission, and distribution. We will then cover electrical distribution in further detail. Electrical measurements, as applied to single-phase and three-phase systems, will be reviewed.
Learners are able to:
• Learn about the fundamental principles of electrical generation, transmission, and distribution.
• Examines AC and DC motors and reviews electrical lighting and illumination concepts.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Basic Concepts
• Electrical Generation, Transmission and Distribution
• Electrical Distribution
• Electrical Measurements and Instrument Transformers for Switchgear
• Transformers and Earthing Considerations
• Faults, Fuses and Circuit Breakers
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification