Professional Certificate of Competency in Control Valve Sizing, Selection & Maintenance (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need a solid understanding of the fundamentals of their control valve design, installation, and troubleshooting.
The control valve is the part of the control loop that not only requires integration with modern data collection methods. It also involves mechanical features, as well as occupational health and safety issues not associated with other parts of the control loop (such as noise).
Learners are able to:
• Help learners understand what happens inside a control valve from a basic fluid mechanics point of view.
• Learn to choose between different characteristics on offer, understand the advantages and disadvantages of different seat leakage rates, and understand the failure modes for control valves and demonstrate new approaches to troubleshooting.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Types of Control Valves
• Basic Sizing for Liquids
• Basic Sizing for Gases and Vapours
• Inherent and Installed Flow Characteristics
• Cavitation and Flashing
• Noise Prediction and Treatment
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification