Professional Certificate of Competency in Circuit Breakers, Switchgear & Power Transformers (Online Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need practical knowledge regarding the application, installation, maintenance, and testing issues relating to low, medium, and high voltage switchgear, circuit breakers, and transformers.
Switchgear, circuit breakers, and transformers are critical components in electrical distribution systems, and their operations significantly affect the overall performance of the system.
Learners are able to:
• Impose extraordinarily high costs on plants, factories, and utilities of all descriptions.
• Gain a solid understanding of the issues associated with the proper application, installation, and maintenance of these critical items of equipment, with an overriding emphasis on safety.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Switchgear and Transformers
• Application of Switchgear
• Specification of Switchgear
• Safety Policies
• Operation of Modern Switchgear
• Diagnostics, Testing and Maintenance
• Transformers’ Main Functions and Classification
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification