Professional Certificate of Competency in Chemical Engineering & Plant Design (Online Learning)
Process plants, such as refineries and petrochemical plants, are complex facilities consisting of equipment, piping systems, instruments, electrical systems, electronics, computers, and control systems. The design, engineering, and construction of process plants involve a multidisciplinary team effort.
Process design, plant layout, and design of piping systems constitute a significant part of the engineering effort. The objective is to design safe and dependable processing facilities cost-effectively.
Learners are able to:
• Understanding of the design and engineering principles used in the design of process plants.
• Provides learners with the necessary knowledge and skills in the disciplines of chemical engineering and plant design to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Chemical Engineering
• Introduction to Process Drawings
• Mass and Energy Balances
• Fluid Mechanics
• Process Control and Instrumentation
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification