Professional Certificate of Competency in Arc Flash Protection (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who work in the electrical field. It will help you understand the importance of the proper design of electrical equipment in avoiding arc flash incidents and ensuring safety in the event of an arc flash.
Electrical safety is a critical issue for those working on electrical facilities in utility networks and large industrial installations. Several serious accidents, including fatalities, occur every. Arc flashes in electrical equipment are now considered one of the major causes of electrical accidents — even surpassing the well-known hazards of electric shock.
Learners are able to:
• Detail the basis of this approach, and also the significant advances that have been made in the area of Personal Protective Equipment made of Fire-Resistant fabrics and rated for different levels of thermal exposure.
• Ensure that the effect of arc flash incidents is contained within the enclosure of switchgear (often called arc flash resistant switchgear).
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Electrical Hazards
• Arc Flash and its Effects
• Fundamentals of Power Systems
• Calculation of Fault Currents
• Protection in Power Systems
• Arc Flash Studies – Codes and Standards
• Arc Flash Study Detailed Procedure
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification