Professional Certificate of Competency in Allen Bradley Controllogix / Logix5000 PLC Platforms (Blended Learning)
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need practical knowledge in operating and navigating RSLogix 5000 software and associated platforms.
This course concentrates on Rockwell RSLogix5000 and the platforms using this software. It is designed to give you the tools necessary to confidently create and program projects, focussing on design, implementation, and maintenance. It begins with an explanation of the basics of control systems, why we use them, and the various practical aspects of a Rockwell PLC. Different programming techniques, fault finding, and correcting faults are also covered in detail.
Learners are able to:
• Give learner the tools necessary to confidently create and program projects, focussing on design, implementation, and maintenance.
• Explain of the basics of control systems, why we use them, and the various practical aspects of a Rockwell PLC.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Basic Understanding of Control Systems and LOGIX5000
• Getting Started with Project Creation and Modification
• Organizing Data and Basic Ladder Logic Design and Rules
• Hardware Identification and Module Selection and Configuration
• Fault Finding Techniques
• Creating an Add-On Instruction and Online Actions
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification