NCFE Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
This is a competence-based qualification. A competency-based qualification is based on National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is a job-ready qualification that requires learners to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to work in a specific industry. Furthermore, it must be assessed in the workplace or in a realistic work environment (RWE) in accordance with the relevant assessment requirements. LCPS College provides the course in both In-class learning as well as Online learning.
Aims and objectives of this qualification
This Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training prepares trainee teachers to teach in a range of contexts. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
All trainee teachers joining the generic qualification Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, Mathematics, and ICT. They should record their development needs and, where applicable, agree an action plan to address them. Moreover, if trainees join the qualification programme having already undertaken an initial assessment of their English, Mathematics and ICT skills, their record of development needs and any previous action taken to address them should be reviewed and updated as required. Potential teacher trainees wishing to take any of the specialist optional units will need to evidence Level 3 personal skills in English or Mathematics, as appropriate. The entry criteria and how they can be evidenced can be found in ‘Criteria for entry to mathematics (numeracy) and English (literacy and ESOL) teacher training in the lifelong learning sector (LLUK, June 2007, amended 2010). The minimum core document comprises 3 sections:
- Language and literacy
- Information and communication technology (ICT)
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education
Assessment will take place via assignment submission only. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on academic professional qualifications.