Master of Engineering (Civil: Structural) (Blended Learning)
The Master of Engineering Civil Structural will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the structural engineering industry.
Students with a background in civil, construction, transport, and systems engineering will especially benefit from this program as it prepares them for further career development in the structural engineering industry. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil and structural engineering.
Learners are able to:
• Provide the learner with a multitude of tools and techniques, including those that tackle specific organizational problems and also those needed to design and implement engineering structures.
• Draws on the topic and reinforces the knowledge and skill base developed in the preceding units.
• Enabling learners to critique and potentially enhance current professional practice in the civil engineering industry. The Project Thesis requires a high level of personal autonomy and accountability.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Structural Analysis
• Advanced Engineering Materials
• Structural Design Part 1 – Advanced Topics on Reinforced Concrete Design
• Project, Design and Construction Management
• Advanced Structural Engineering Methods Part 1
• Structural Dynamics
• Engineering Practice and Key Research Methodologies
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic PhD programme or a level 8 professional qualification