Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership
The objective of the Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
- possess an honours degree in related subject or level 6 diploma or an equivalent qualification;
- be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course; or
- be mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience
- Contemporary Issues in Education: Theory, Policy and Practice
- The Management of Educational Change
- Managing Effective Intercultural Communication and Perspectives
- Pedagogy and Practice in Education
- Leading Reflective Practice in Education
- Research Methods in Education
Achieving the Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. Learners can also take direct entry to employment.