Level 6 Diploma in Business Management
The objective of the Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The content of the qualification is focused on leadership and people management, strategic human resource management, operations management, sustainable business practice, financial decision making as well as the business research skills expected of a manager. The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Leadership and People Management
- Business Research Project
- Operations Management
- Financial Decision Making
- Sustainable Business Practices
- Strategic Human Resource Management
Successful completion of this course provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant Level 7 Diplomas.