Level 5 Diploma in Health Management & Social Care
The course presents content related to generic management skills for those who are planning to, or already working in a health and social care management role. The course provides a flexible route for those who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level and for learners who do not have management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior experience the work place.
This level 5 management qualification relates to much of the knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards in management and Leadership (level 5).
This qualification is designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above and it is a 120 credit qualification. Studying for a Management diploma in Health and Social Care with our work-based learning programme Professional+, gives you the opportunity to earn and gain valuable professional experience.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills
You must have:
- Prior study in Healthcare Management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- A level 4 qualification for example a Level 4 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care
- Other equivalent international qualifications