Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
The objective of the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. They provide learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. They will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. They combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- The learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience
- Theories and Principles of Education and Training
- Lifelong Learning: Principles and Issues
- Resource Management in Education
- Develop and Evaluate Operational Plans for Own Area of Responsibility
- Provide Leadership and Direction for Own Area of Responsibility
- Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training
Successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Degree top-up programme.