Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security
The qualification has been created to develop those learners who are looking to choose, or already have chosen, a career in a business-related sector but require basic knowledge and competences in the field of Cyber Security (which includes sub-disciplines of compliance, digital media risk management, security risk management, to name a few) without undertaking any technical level of proficiency.
Learners will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding;
- The ability to think independently and solve problems;
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems;
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct;
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business and service provision;
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists;
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing environments and risks;
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
- Learners who possess qualifications at Level 4 and/or;
- Learners who have some technical and risk management work experience in a computing or security business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- Learners who possess a Level 5 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in cybersecurity and/or risk management.
- In certain circumstances, learners with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
- Digital Investigations and Forensics
- Communications and Incident Management
- Strategic Leadership
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 6 University Degree course
- Start Course: 05/10/2020
- Duration: 9 months
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: intermediate