Level 5 Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The objective of the Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to enable learners’ development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation. It enables learners to critically apply contemporary knowledge and theories to the management of complex problems. Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist skills and technical terminology to develop their management skills and to progress to further study or employment.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 Diploma or equivalent
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality
- Marketing Management
- Customer Relations Management
- Operations Management
- Finance Management
- Human Resource Management
Successful completion of Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management.