Graduate Certificate in Safety, Risk and Reliability Engineering (Blended Learning)
Modern engineers face an intriguing set of challenges when tackling uncertainty, and they have developed some of the smartest methods, tools, techniques, and approaches for understanding system safety, risk, and reliability. The Graduate Certificate in Safety, Risk, and Reliability Engineering is the ideal gateway to boost your capacity to tackle these real-world, increasingly complex issues. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in safety, risk, and reliability.
Learners are able to:
• Gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in safety, risk, and reliability.
• Able to identify, critically analyse and creatively solve intellectually complex, specialised professional engineering problems relevant to engineering, underpinned by critical analysis, root cause analysis, and contributory factor analysis techniques, disaster identification, innovation, self-reflection, research, evaluation, synthesis, accountability, and sound engineering judgment of solutions relevant to the Professional engineering domain.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Safety Engineering and Risk Management
• Incident / Accident Investigations and Learning from Disasters
• Safety Systems – Tools and Methods
• Data Analysis and Statistics
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification