Graduate Certificate in Renewable Energy Technologies (Blended Learning)
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. It covers a variety of skills for implementing and utilizing engineering solutions to lighting design and illumination and designing complex lighting systems, that are required in the illumination engineering and lighting design industry. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in illumination engineering.
Lighting design brings together art and science: requiring the designer to apply both creative flair and technical understanding to create visually appealing and effective spaces. To do this, lighting designers require a firm understanding of a range of concepts: from optics, electricity, visual perception, ergonomics, standards and regulations, energy efficiency, environmental issues, and health and wellbeing; to the art of design.
Learners are able to:
• Gain the knowledge necessary to interact with a client and produce lighting outcomes that meet technical and aesthetic needs and are able to convey emotive elements of the visual environment to all stakeholders.
• Understanding development of fundamental lighting design theory for interior, exterior, and special applications, accompanied by experience using design software tools.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Light and Energy
• Fundamental Concepts in Lighting
• Lamp Technologies
• Lighting Controls and Engineering
• Human Factors in Lighting
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification