Graduate Certificate in Industrial Automation Engineering (Blended Learning)
This graduate certificate is inspired and driven by industry, with a strong theoretical underpinning. Concept relevance and knowledge that is critical in this fast-moving work environment has propelled the program design process. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and expertise in the latest developing technologies in instrumentation, process control, and industrial automation.
There is a global shortage of automation, instrumentation, and control engineers. Due to the rapid growth of new industries and technologies, industrial processes are becoming increasingly automated. Previously mechanized systems that required human intervention now use computerized control systems for higher accuracy, precision, and cost-effectiveness.
Learners are able to:
• Gain skills and expertise in the latest developing technologies in instrumentation, process control, and industrial automation.
• Evaluate and apply complex process calculations through the application of control principles.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Programmable Logic Controllers
• Professional Engineering Management
• Industrial Process Control Systems
• Industrial Instrumentation
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification