Graduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Online Learning)
This graduate certificate will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the modern power industry. You will be able to identify, critically analyse and creatively solve intellectually complex, specialized professional engineering problems in power generation, underground and overhead power system design, and safety earthing in electrical systems.
Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest developing technologies in electrical systems.
Learners are able to:
• Apply fundamental physics, chemistry, electrical circuit theory, and analysis, demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors and design practice knowledge that has been contextualized for engineering applications.
• Have fundamental knowledge, skills, and understanding of the electrical engineering discipline.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Power Generation
• Underground Power System Design
• Overhead Line and System Design
• Electrical Safety – Earthing/Grounding
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification