Graduate Certificate in Civil – Railways Infrastructure Engineering (Online Learning)
This graduate certificate will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the railway engineering industry. You will receive high-level professional and technical development from engineers working with track and the infrastructure in the rail corridor.
Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in railway infrastructure. The billions of dollars’ worth of public and private resources invested in rail track infrastructure around the world demand a well-trained and competent engineering workforce for the safe and efficient operation of the track and associated assets. However, developments over the past twenty years, such as downsizing of public railway authorities, increased retirement of experienced employees, privatization, and the rapid expansion of the rail industry have left engineers with severely limited pathways to upskill themselves quickly.
Learners are able to:
• Equip learner with the necessary skills to address the demands of the railway engineering industry.
• Gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in railway infrastructure.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Introduction to Railway Operations
• Introduction to Railways Management
• Ballast Sleepers and Fastners
• Rail and Related Track Structures
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification