Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communication, Networking and IT (Online Learning)
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. It covers a variety of skills such as data communications, networking and protocols, SCADA, PLCs and data acquisition, and industrial IT and programming. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in industrial data communications.
Learners are able to:
• Impart the necessary industrial data communications skills, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome.
• Give learner maximum, functional coverage in the field of industrial data communications.
• Gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in industrial data communications.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Physical Media
• Industrial Data Communications
• Wireless Communication Systems
• TCP/IP and VoIP
• Routers and Switches
• DNP3 and IEC 60870-5 for SCADA
• Fundamentals of OPC
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on a Master academic programme or a level 7 professional qualification