Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineering in Mining (Online Learning)
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus and covers a variety of skills required in the mining operations industry. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in electrical and instrumentation in mining operations.
This program aims to impart the necessary electrical and instrumentation engineering skills required in the mining operations industry, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Five threads run through the program to give you maximum, functional coverage in the field of electrical and instrumentation engineering. These threads comprise of power engineering, communications, control, analytics and management systems, and safety.
Learners are able to:
• Gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in electrical and instrumentation in mining operations.
• Impart the necessary electrical and instrumentation engineering skills required in the mining operations industry, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Electrical and Electronic Engineering Drawings
• Electrical Power Distribution
• Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
• Power Systems Protection
• Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
• Data Communications
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification