Advanced Diploma of Civil and Structural Engineering (Blended Learning)
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. It covers a variety of skills such as drawing, 2D and 3D CAD design, building materials, roads, steel, concrete, pavement, drainage, soil, water supply and sewerage, and construction sites. Upon completion of this program, you will gain advanced skills and knowledge in civil and structural engineering.
This program aims to impart the necessary civil and structural engineering skills, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Eight threads run through the program to give you maximum, functional coverage in the field of civil and structural engineering. These threads comprise of environmental issues, engineering technologies, drawing, 2D and 3D CAD design, building materials, roads, steel, concrete, pavement, drainage, soil, water supply and sewerage, construction sites, and engineering management.
Learners are able to:
• Covers accessing, inputting and storing information used in manufacturing, engineering or related environments, using computing technology.
• Give learner maximum, functional coverage in the field of civil and structural engineering.
• Impart the necessary civil and structural engineering skills, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Interact with computing technology
• Organise and communicate information
• Produce basic engineering graphics
• Use basic construction in engineering
• Use statics in engineering
• Manage self in the engineering environment
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Masters programme or a level 7 professional qualification