Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Power Industry) (Online Learning)
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. It covers a variety of skills required to work in the electrical power supply industry, such as electrical technology fundamentals, rotating machinery and transformers, energy efficiency, earthing and safety regulations, and operation and maintenance of electrical equipment. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in electrical engineering best practices for the power industry.
Learners are able to:
• Learn about the fundamental principles of electrical generation, transmission, and distribution.
• Examines AC and DC motors and reviews electrical lighting and illumination concepts.
• Give learner valuable skills in relation to electrical engineering, to help you become more productive and safer in your career, and in working with electrical engineers, technicians, and managers.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Electrical Circuits
• Basic Electrical Engineering
• Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
• Electrical Drawings
• Electrical Power Distribution
• Transformers, Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
This course gives you the opportunity to start developing your career with dedicated career development support in addition to your online tuition.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification