Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems) (Blended Learning)
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. It covers a variety of skills such as electrical technology fundamentals, rotating machinery and transformers, energy efficiency, earthing and safety regulations, and operation and maintenance of electrical equipment. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in electrical engineering.
Learners are able to:
• Impart the necessary electrical engineering skills, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome.
• Gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in electrical engineering.
Must be over 18 years at the time of application and who have previously achieved a level 3 qualification. There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, but as a learner you will be ideally to be working with an organisation or role where they can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge. Alternatively, you could draw on previous experience within an organisation or use an organisation you are familiar with.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects or equivelant
Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Electrical Circuits
• Basic Electrical Engineering
• Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
• Electrical Drawings
• Transformers, Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
• Power Cables and Accessories
This course comes with practical on-the-job training in a role relating to your studies. You will be required to work with one of our employers for 20hours per week and will receive a part-time salary.
The objective of this career development programme is to introduce you to a professional career and equip you with the relevant experience needed to secure a career.
- On completion of your studies, you may be given a full-time graduate opportunity by your employer
- You may wish to further your studies by taking on an academic Master programme or a level 7 professional qualification