Level 4 Diploma in Police First Line Management
The Level 4 Certificate in Police First Line Management is designed to recognise and develop the competence of individuals who are aspiring and practising managers within the police sector.
This qualification has been developed in consultation with employers and other key stakeholders. Police officers Duty is to maintain law and order, protect the general public and investigate crimes Whilst actively trying to prevent criminal activity from commencing. If you become a police officer, your career will be all about crime Control, prosecution and punishment. Gain recognition for enhancing your knowledge, understanding and practice of management. Display your post nominal as a commitment to continuous professional development and accomplishment as a manager.
Attain the skills you need for a career in the Law enforcement industry.
Opportunity to enhance their Employment value.
Learner will possess the ethical mindset needed to tackle crime control
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects
- Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
- Supervise police investigations and investigators
- Supervise the response to critical incidents
- Conduct evidence-based information briefings, tasking and debriefing
- Prepare for, monitor and maintain police investigators
- Provide leadership and management
- Manage team performance
- Manage personal and professional development
- Conduct performance reviews with individuals in policing
On successful completion of the Level 4 Certificate in Police First Line Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to another qualification at the next level (e.g. from Level 4 to Level 5)
Crime Scene Investigator
- Computer Forensics Investigator.
- Police Officer.
- Start Course: 05/10/2020
- Duration: 9 months
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: intermediate