Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security
The qualification has been created to develop those learners who are looking to choose or already have chosen, a career in a business-related sector. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that your learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the cybersecurity and risk management sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK qualification, is for learners to develop the cybersecurity skills required by organisations globally. In doing so, the qualification looks to develop the cybersecurity team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning
appropriate for that industry.
Students studying for the Diploma in Cyber Security will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business and service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing environments and risks
- Qualifications at Level 3 and/or;
- Some technical and risk management experience in a computing or security business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals.
- Cyber Security Threat and Risk
- Network Security and Data Communications
- Database Security and Computer Programming
- Incident Response, Investigations and Forensics
- Security Strategy: Laws, Policies and Implementation
- Cyber Security Threats and Risk: Banking and Finance
- Cyber Wars
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- A Higher Education Level 5 course in Cyber Security
- Start Course: 05/10/2020
- Duration: 9 months
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: intermediate